Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year Poem

.030109. New Year Poem

New Song in blog: Mighty To Save - Laura Story

I have not written a poem for quite some time already though and I just had the sudden mood to write something out. Nothing artsy or fancy though, just some words that came to my mind from my heart. Guess most of us are still in a festive and new year mood!! On top of that, chinese new year is coming already...

Just a small dedication from me to all of you...

A new year has been unfold
An unknown history is about to be written
The forgettable past I shall not hold
For a bigger purpose from Christ I've been given

It's a year of increasing capacity
As well as inculcating culture
I know He is waiting for me
To put down my burdens and follow him

In the midst of my wilderness
I hear a still small voice whispering
"Come back my child and stop wandering"
For greater things are still to be done

Whatever the storms of life may bring
I know I'm in safe hands
For He will not leave me nor forsake me
But watch over and keep me throughout

Another year of service
Another year of blessing
Another year of giving
And another year of rejoicing

It matters not how long we live
But how well we live for Him
This year will be another great year
For I have faith in Him

We mustn’t let anything hold us back
Instead, rise up and take our place
Be all that God wants us to be
With a fresh touch of His grace

I went for my church's first service of the year and was realy inspired by the worship and message today! It's really a year of increasing capacity and I believe that God wants us to rise up and take our place!!

*cheerios*

Zhepaniah 3:17 says "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save!"

2 Corinthians 5:15 says "And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again."