Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shoot In "M"

.260209. Shooting with Manual mode

I was browsing through my folders of photos just then before one of it struck me to come up with this random thoughts I have in mind.

I have been shooting with a DSLR for a year now and I must admit that I still have a lot of catching up to do. Carrying a DSLR camera doesn't make one a pro or it does not mean he/she is good. Niether do I.

It was back then during my internship in a web solution company that I found my passion and interest in photography which eventually led me to blogging. Then, I did not know how far I would and could go but here I am today still blogging and ever loving to shoot. I was contemplating whether to buy a point-and-shoot compact camera or a digital-single-lens-reflex camera then before my roommate (Brian, a semipro photographer then) gave me his 2 cents worth upon my dilemma.

I made my decision on a Nikon d40. I did not regret. At all.

When I finally got hold of my new camera then, Brian thought me the basics. Shutter speed. Aperture. ISO. The list goes on... The only thing that I remember him saying clearly is SHOOT ALL THE WAY WITH "M" (Manual mode). I thank him for that or else I would have never learned to fast. So effectively.

shootinm
*the best way to learn how to shoot*

Honestly, the key and the most important way to learn shoot is really to shoot in manual mode. You have to play around with the ISO, shutter speed and aperture as much as you would want to. When shooting a lot is what you have done, practise makes perfect will then make sense to you. You will be able to get results you want. The feel of every single photo that you desire to get. Oh well, that's my 2 cents worth on shooting in "M".