Thursday, November 20, 2008

What Life is Really All About?

.201108. Random - Life...

life1a
*what matters most to you?? think about it...*


Have you ever paused for a moment in the midst of your loneliness, busyness, happiness, sadness or even when you are not thinking about anything, and wonder, what life is really all about?

Is life really only about growing up, go to school, get a degree, pursue a Master or a PhD, enjoy life and hangout with friends, write a good blog, be famous, get a great job, be successful, start a family, raise your kids, see them grow and be successful, retire, enjoy your EPF, grow old and DIE??

Is it that simple??

Or do you think life is only a journey on earth and Heaven is our true destination?? Unless some of us think that hell is a better place then go ahead... Have you ever even think of how only will I be able to enter Heaven??

When I was young, I always have this thought of 'no matter what, we will die one day and I know that "that day" has to come!! and what will happen after that??'... Seriously I don't know. I often cry on my bed then, when I stuck myself with that thought. *having a deep thought already?*

It was until one day when I was on my way to school in the morning, while I was in the car and my dad fetching me, that I found one great truth. I was having the thought again of dying and never ever being able to escape from it and i cried in the car.

My dad turned to me and ask, "Why are you crying?". I told him that I was afraid of death and I do not know what is going to happen the day I have to leave this world.

There are so many things on Earth that is so dear to us that we will be so heavy hearted to leave them right??? Hope you are having the same thought with me right now though.

My dad finally answered me with this, "Son, we have a hope that God has promised us. We shall have no fear for Jesus has conquered death the day he died on the cross for our sins. In John 3:16, it says *For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life*".

From that moment on, I kept the promise from God that my dad reminded me about. That day forth, I have no fear of death anymore for I know where Jesus leads me to. I now have a purpose in life; to serve Him on earth for the advancement of His Kingdom in Heaven. That's what life is really all about; at least to me... =)